The Ginkgo Pages Forum - Blog

Welcome, this blog belongs to my website The Ginkgo Pages about the tree Ginkgo biloba. - Cor Kwant
Go to search + archive.

follow me on twitter Follow me on Twitter

December 03, 2006


A Tree Grower's Diary
Ginkgo Biloba and Kentucky Coffeetree
Growing Trees From Seed:
A Journal by Julie Walton Shaver

y Julie Walton Shaver
Julie writes: "I have never grown trees from seed before, so a reader, Bruce, sent me seeds of Ginkgo Biloba and Kentucky Coffeetree so that I could learn, and you could learn with me as I go. I am using Bruce's advice, plus the treasure trove of information found on Cor Kwant's Ginkgo Pages to get me started. PHASE 1: Today I prepared the seeds....." Read much more about the sprouting of the seeds here.

3 Comments:

At 12/04/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

End of July I picked up a ginko fruit at Wakehurst Place (UK south). It
is green, ~1.5cm diameter and I guess the tree had discarded it after a
bit of a drought as the tip of its stalk was browned. Might there
be any possibility I could grow it please?

 
At 12/11/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can try, but best time to collect seeds is late autumn.

 
At 8/11/2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have 2 seeds and put them in small pot with cocopeat. They still don't germinate after 2 months. What should I do with them? Maybe they need to stay in the fridge? Please reply ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home