The Ginkgo Pages Forum - Blog

Welcome, this blog belongs to my website The Ginkgo Pages about the tree Ginkgo biloba. - Cor Kwant
Go to search + archive.

follow me on twitter Follow me on Twitter

December 28, 2014

Asteroid 85197 is named Ginkgo


Asteroid 85197 (1991 TG5) is named Ginkgo after the Ginkgo biloba tree. It is a main-belt asteroid discovered on October 5, 1991 by F. Borngen and L. D. Schmadel of the Karl Schwarzschild Observatory at Tautenburg, Germany. 
Read more on Wikipedia and on this site by NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California.
 
Ron Baalke pointed me to this asteroid on my Twitter. Ginkgo made its closest approach to Earth on December 24, 2014:



Subscribe to receive free email updates.-- Cor Kwant
Visit my website The Ginkgo Pages.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home