The Ginkgo Pages Forum - Blog

Welcome, this blog belongs to my website The Ginkgo Pages about the tree Ginkgo biloba. - Cor Kwant
Go to search + archive.

follow me on twitter Follow me on Twitter

October 15, 2015

GigaPan picture of Ginkgo fossil leaf


Fossil Ginkgo leaf, according to Ginkgo fossil expert David Scarboro probably from the Campanian stage of the Cretaceous, Horseshoe Canyon Formation from the Drumheller area.
 
Imaged at NOVA Annandale by Robin Rohrback-Schiavone as part of the Paleoplant Project.
It is a so-called GigaPan picture, a high-resolution image allowing you to zoom in and out.
Click here to see it and explore it yourself!

Image came to my attention by a tweet from Callan Bentley, thank you!

Subscribe to receive free email updates.-- Cor Kwant

Visit my website The Ginkgo Pages.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home